Cerec Primescan and 3Shape Trios Wireless
We are very proud to be one of New Zealand’s few centres to offer the most advanced in-practice CAD CAM dentistry available in the world. The Cerec Primescan and Trios 3Shape represent state of the art technology in this field and allows us to computer design large fillings, crowns, veneers, bridges, implant abutments, dentures, implant crowns, full jaw implant bars and prostheses in a variety of materials. We have used earlier versions of this technology and have become very familiar with its abilities. You can get most treatment done in one single appointment, eliminating the need to see your dentist again as in the case of conventional lab fabricated restorations for your teeth. The quality of produced restorations is all vastly enhanced in beauty, form and function and we have completely eliminated the need to even fill teeth by conventional means. What this means for you is much stronger mono bloc fillings that are also perfect in form, beautiful crowns in the most aesthetic porcelains available and reduced visits to the dentist to achieve all of this.
A step by step Cerec Primescan restoration goes something like this :
- The defective filling and decay are removed
- The tooth is prepared for a filling/crown/veneer and is prepared for imaging
- An optical 3D image is acquired with a camera directly in the mouth
- The 3D restoration is created on the screen using the image data
- Diamond coated/carbide instruments mill a material block to reproduce the design in record time (see below)
- After polishing or glazing with porcelain, the restoration fits precisely
- The colour and appearance make the ceramic blend with your tooth
- Perfectly bonded porcelain ensures an extremely long life
- This is all done in a single appointment, often with one round of dental anaesthesia
State of the art CAD CAM milling
We have also chosen to mate our Cerec Primescan with the most advanced CAM in-practice Cerec compatible milling machines available in the world. The inLab MCXL is a chair side level milling machine that helps us make most crowns in under 15 minutes. The inLab MCX5 milling machine is a commercial lab level machine that works with a vast variety of porcelains, zirconias, metals and polymers.
In addition we have recently added the vhf K5+ to our dental laboratory and this gives us the ability to mill more types of materials including newer generation metals and technopolymers. The machine is another fine example of German engineering just like all our other milling machines.
These machines bring to life our CAD designs in record time with motors that act like an computer numeric controlled lathe to mill just about anything that our software puts out. With these machines, we vastly reduce turnaround time for our restorations and raise the bar for what we can provide right here in Gisborne! There are less than 5 dental practices in New Zealand that feature this level of in house CAD CAM design and fabrication.