We are very proud to be one of New Zealand’s few centres to offer the most advanced in-practice CAD CAM dentistry available in the world. The Cerec Primescan and Trios 3Shape represent state of the art technology in this field and allows us to computer design large fillings, crowns, veneers, bridges, implant abutments, dentures and implant crowns in a variety of materials. We have used earlier versions of this technology and have become very familiar with its abilities. You can get most treatment done in one single appointment, eliminating the need to see your dentist again as in the case of conventional lab fabricated restorations for your teeth. The quality of produced restorations is all vastly enhanced in beauty, form and function and we have completely eliminated the need to even fill teeth by conventional means. What this means for you is much stronger mono bloc fillings that are also perfect in form, beautiful crowns in the most aesthetic porcelains available and reduced visits to the dentist to achieve all of this.
A step by step Cerec Primescan restoration goes something like this :
- The defective filling and decay are removed
- The tooth is prepared for a filling/crown/veneer and is prepared for imaging
- An optical 3D image is acquired with a camera directly in the mouth
- The 3D restoration is created on the screen using the image data
- Diamond coated instruments mill a ceramic or other block to reproduce the design in record time (see below)
- After polishing the restoration fits precisely
- The colour and appearance make the ceramic blend with your tooth
- Perfectly bonded porcelain ensures an extremely long life
- This is all done in a single appointment, often with one round of dental anaesthesia
State of the art CAD CAM milling
We have also chosen to mate our Cerec Primescan with the most advanced CAM in-practice milling machine available in the world. The inLab MCX5 milling machine is a commercial lab level machine that works with a vast variety of porcelains, zirconias, metals and polymers.
It brings life to our CEREC Primescan designs in record time with a motor that acts like an computer numeric controlled lathe to mill just about anything the Primescan puts out. With this machine, we vastly reduce turnaround time for our restorations and raise the bar for what we can provide right here in Gisborne!
Having worked with previous versions of this technology we are convinced that our patients want what this machine can offer and we look forward to providing some great results for those looking for quality dentistry.